Cemetery

LANIWCI ASCENSION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
UKRAINIAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CEMETERY

*detail* = designates headstone wording present but requires further clarification

Legal Land Description: SW1-41-2- W3rd Meridian; R.M. of Aberdeen #373
List of Internees per legend diagram. Facing East beginning row “A” and plot numbers beginning from left end and progressing to right.

Cemetery Service
Memorial Table
Mar.21, 1934 5 acres set aside for present cemetary. June 3, 1937 full accreditation for Burials [prior burials under Bruial Permits from Municipal Secretary. Plaques honoring founders & the constitution
Blessing of Graves performed by Father Andre Lalach
Cemetery Service
Cemetery Service led by Father Andre Lalach and assisted by Deacon Ray Lalach.
Cemetery Service
Cemetery Service
Old Cemetary Storage Shed. In early years was used to provide cold weather shelter for workers preparing graves
The land was secured from CNR in 1899 by the 36 founding member families (each title to 3.5 acres) May 17,1904 Origional log & clay Church and Cemetary were blessed by Father Sozont Dydyk. His Eminence Archbishop Vasyl Ladyka ,Bishop of Canada blessed Church August 19, 1932. First Committee : Alexander Vasyitsiv Ilko Gabruda & Ilka Karpan. In 1908 added: Kyrylo Halaburyk, Nykola Ovchar & Mykhailo Korpan
Menu